Here is the fish mounted on the board.
Here I start to add a splash.
Here I thought I was finished, but the image was too small & I didn’t like the wave splashes I added on my goldfish. As you can see, I removed some fins to make it look like the goldfish is actually on the surfboard.
Here I chose a different background because the image was only 8 inches wide, so I am in the process of building it up.
Here I am finished with the background, but I will be adding sharks chasing Flippy.
Stage 6 – Here I added the shark and Pelicans chasing Flippy. However, this piece seemed empty, as pointed out by my professor in my after-feedback.
STAGE 7! MASSIVE CHANGE! My fish unfortunately passed away, but I managed to get a super HD photo of him before-hand! So here is the new & improved surfing goldfish!
I even had to add a larger splash! I changed the location of the pelicans. Although I really DO like the yellow surfboard, my professor suggested I change its color to make it stand out more.
Stage 7 – This is my 7th and FINAL change to this composition. I added more pelicans, I changed and lowered the opacity of the ones further away, I changed the color of Flippy’s surfboard, and I repositioned the shark. I also slightly lowered the shark’s opacity, and I repositioned some of the pelicans so that they look like they are all after my goldfish.
I hope you enjoyed seeing me progress with my work!